Sunday, May 27, 2012

heart of the home

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” 



New Hope was a blast yesterday...although I must say only two of my very favorite stores are still there
 (Heart of the Home/ Heart's Afire, and A. Mano Gallery), but I found a few new ones ( although I almost cried when I found out Strawberry Jam was gone after nearly 40 years, and a soap shop moved in..blahhh....no ill will wished to the soap shop , of course!
And I did fall in love with a new store...well...new for me ( and could have very, very easily stayed there ALL night and listened to the purveyor talk of the treasures he had...old Mourning Jewelry, so many pieces made with hair (even a few with the hair pulverized and mixed with something to turn it into paint and them painted in these delicate little memory pieces......amazing!  and the birdcages and skulls and antique pet ephemera...I'm sure i didn't see half of what was there...or even a third...if you have time check it out...
TearDrop Memories & NorthFork Pet Antiques @ 12 W. Mechanic Street, New Hope, PA
teardropmemories.com
northforkpets.com
maidensmemoirs.com

Ok...enough about my obscure interests in anything unusual and morbid....

I also ran into a very sweet couple selling their wares on the street...her name was Allie D'Andrade...and her card only has her e-mail address on it...but she said she has an Etsy shop...maybe called Shine Vagrancy???
her card says : Photographer and Apocolyptic Folk Crafts.

I'll try to find it.....

And now it is time to go work in the garden and build a new fence! Gotta love three-day-weekends!

Love, Love, Love...
Have a wonderful Sunday!







No comments:

Post a Comment