Saturday, November 12, 2011

inspiration collection for the day

a little bee funeral on my front porch this past summer
chatter of the birds outside...


I'm leaving for NYC today. Ready to take lots of pictures and suck in lots of eye-candy...I need the inspiration right now. I have a show in about...er....3 weeks, and let's just say, I'm not quite ready.  I finished 3 pieces and they were to be the beginning of a series of 7 and the....whoosh! distraction, blocks, getting a job (which i'm thankful for but what a speed-bump right in the middle of painting for a show). And now I have 5-7 pieces scattered around my little studio and the theme when from strong to....well, wish-washy to say the least.
So last week I went out into the backyard....birds and bugs and ants crawling all over me...the smell of sweet decomposing leaves and hot sun...a nice november day...and I painted. What came out was like nothing I've done before...using brayers and pallet knives and squeeges to spread and layer paint and carving into it....I want a week of these days to make more energetic playful paintings...
I realize that lately I have lost the child.....work and worrying about money and 
weddings and dishes and trying to please everyone...

My best work has always come from those days when i just"was".
So...I'm gonna just "be" this weekend.

xox

book update: putting the pages in some kind of order. pulling things out from piles and lining them up to see whats missing...

in the meantime, have fun with this...

No comments:

Post a Comment